Airport Police Officer
- Ensures safe, secure, effective, efficient and continual utilization of airport operational facilities.
- Patrols the airport terminal area in order to provide a law enforcement presence;
- Greets and welcome all the customers and ensure the required courtesy is being extended to the customers;
- Answer customers questions and resolve minor inconveniences of the customers;
- Prevent criminal activity, and provides security protection for civilian aviation aircraft, and passengers;
- Patrols the airport grounds for unauthorized vehicles and/or individuals in order to ensure areas are secure and identify any improper activity;
- Provides assistance to the public in order to ensure a positive presence for the Police Department, and ensure the safety of the public;
- Responds to traffic accident scenes in the airport parking lot areas and airport areas in order to ensure the safety of those involved and ensure accident reporting is performed correctly.
- A completed VSBO/ SBO degree;
- A completed “BAV-POL” course is required;
Skills & Ability
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to modern airport business operations, security practices, and technology;
- Able and willing to work in 24/7 shifts and physically fit;
- A dynamic person who works well within a team;
- In possession of a valid Driver’s License;
- Positive and professional attitude;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service at all times even when under stressful conditions;
- Ensure compliance with security requirements in a courteous way;
- Ability to operate and effectively communicate on the airfield during routine and emergency situations;
- Ability to respond to situations quickly while concurrently developing corrective actions;
- Ability to maintain awareness and alertness while performing routine duties;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Skill in using computers, MS Windows and related software applications;
- Good oral and written communication skill in Papiamentu, Dutch and English language.
Please submit your motivation letter and resume (in English), through email at HR@curacao-airport.com no later than Thursday, August 15, 2019. For more information please contact the HR Department at 839 1040.
*Applicants without the required pre-requisite will not be considering.