Airport Safety Inspector
- Ensures safe, secure, effective, efficient and continual utilization of airport operational facilities;
- Plans, implements, and coordinates safety and environmental programs and ensures compliance with required regulations, procedures and policies with a primary focus on aviation;
- Facilitates identification of safety and environmental risks and promotes the reduction or elimination of potential accidents, occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and safety-related financial losses;
- Conducts safety assistance visits and training to ensure implementation of and compliance with safety directives;
- Provide administrative support including maintaining all departmental files, records, and publications needed to support organizational activities and to meet applicable requirements;
- Provide technical support in all types of safety/environmental issues such as data gathering, training, and correspondence for assigned customers, etc.;
- Develop required reports, conduct briefings, safety training, and when directed conduct quarterly safety and semi-annual safety stand down meetings;
- Conduct safety audits, fire extinguisher inspections, and inspections of all first aid kits and other safety-related equipment;
- Process occupational hazard reports including investigating the hazard and ensuring mitigations are in place;
- Assist the Safety Manager in maintaining accident and incident records, files, and reports. Requires data entry and corrections to files on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or Minimum three (3) years of direct experience in airport operations, aviation safety management, and audit;
- Dynamic, self-managed, ability to prioritize tasks effectively in a constantly changing environment;
- Knowledge of the ICAO Annexes, OSHA Documents, Safety Management System, Airport Services manuals, and Publications.
Skills & Ability
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to safety and security practices and technology;
- Strong decision-making skills and effective at problem-solving and negotiating resolutions;
- Outstanding customer service orientation, with the ability to diffuse tense situations;
- Excellent, effective communication skills, both oral and in written format, creating and delivering business presentations;
- Strong computer skills, displaying ease in working with a variety of software applications;
- Ability to make sound judgments in emergency situations and to effectively direct and coordinate airport resources in such incidents;
- Knowledge of how to acquire Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and understand regulatory requirements is required;
- Experience in the technical field of aviation safety and accident prevention and experience in use of FAA, NTSB, or ICAO documentation is required.
Please submit your motivation letter and resume (in English), through email at HR@curacao-airport.com no later than Monday, July 22, 2019. For more information please contact the HR Department at 839 - 1040