Period extension and relaxation of measures regarding the closure of the Curaçao International Airport for inbound passengers from all countries
Effective Friday May 8, 2020 until further notice, the Government of Curaçao has decided to maintain the Curaçao International Airport closed for all inbound passengers from all countries, while relaxing the following measures:
The only passengers who are exempted and allowed to travel to Curaçao (inbound) are:
- Curaçao residents approved by the Government of Curaçao.
- Medical specialists and other medical personnel who are authorized by the Government of Curaçao.
- Other persons specifically approved by the Government of Curaçao. For example:
- Persons from Curaçao who are studying abroad and who are in dire circumstances.
- Persons who wish to settle permanently in Curaçao and who have deregistered from the civil registry of their place of residence before March 16, 2020.
- All other persons as stated above in point c.
All these passengers will have to show a verification letter from the Government of Curaçao in which it is indicated that they are allowed to travel to Curaçao.
Furthermore, the Immigration Authority and the Department of Health of the Government of Curaçao will be performing their required screening and questioning of all arriving passengers. All inbound passengers shall be subject to a mandatory quarantine of fourteen (14) days upon arrival at a location indicated by the Minister of Health of the Government of Curaçao.